CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowman Ornament



This cute little guy is made out of a lightbulb! Every year when I start decorating, it's like meeting up with old friends :) I also get a little sad when I see the ornaments I have made with pics of the little ones and how much they have grown..knowing there is nothing like seeing a Christmas tree through the eyes of a child and how quickly they grow up..then there are those like me that never outgrow the love of Christmas trees and decorating! I seriously need a room for only storing my Christmas decor each year!
Ok..so I strayed a bit off topic....sorry about that :)

You probably have most of the ingredients around your home, making this a very inexpensive project!

Here is what you will need to make this cute little snowman...

Light bulb (Standard size)
Glue (I use my hot glue gun)
Orange and black paint
Black felt
Decorative Snow
Scrap piece of fabric
Scrap piece of ribbon or cording
Tiny sticks from your yard
Small paintbrush

1. Paint the end of the light bulb with black paint
2. Cut the black felt into a circle (make slits in the center to fit over the end of the light bulb) (see pic below)
3. Paint face with the black and orange paint (let dry before continuing)
4. Wrap scarf (cutting slits in each end to look like fringe), use hot glue to attach
5. Attach hat to light bulb with hot glue
6. Attach arms (sticks) with hot glue
7. Last...dab decorative snow with small brush




Thanks for visiting!
~Beth

11 comments:

Lynn

This is really cute:@)

Kelly

WOW...this is awesome. You did a fabulous job, handmade is better than store bought anyday!

Eileen

This is really such a cute idea, Beth. He is just adorable. I love to use stuff we already have. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle

What a cute idea to use up all those light bulbs since I changed over to the energy efficient ones!

Thank you for linking up the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle

This is a great craft to use up all those old lightbulbs that I have since upgrading to the enery effiecent lightbulbs.

I think the kiddos could do this one!

Thanks for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

Pamela

He's adorable! I got out an ornament with a picture and my daugher asked me if I would change it. Eight years younger than today but I said no--I needed her to be that young. She rolled her eyes but smiled, too.

Mindy

He's SO cute! What a great idea--thanks for sharing it!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe}

Very cute!! I love the effect the decorative snow has on him. Thank you so much for linking up to Homemade Christmas!

Army Wife Quilter

I like your light bulb ornament better than mine you cna see it at. http://armywifequilter.blogspot.com/2010/12/light-bulb-snowman.html very cute.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma}

Beth-

Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Juice Thursdays...

Hope to see you back this week for round two! (Link will be up Wednesday night and I will announce the featured bloggers as well!)

Nicolette

http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com

Amanda

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) This will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-snowman-crafts/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Post a Comment