CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My First Cricut Cake~




This is my first ever fondant cake! I used my checkerboard cake pans. I first iced my cake with buttercream frosting. While the buttercream frosting was drying, I made the marshmallow fondant. I will admit..I was a little intimidated by all this cake stuff..I don't spend much time in the kitchen! The MMF was sooooo easy to make! I did encounter a few problems but I figure they will work out with some practice.

I had a little helper with me in the kitchen today...doesn't everyone need a little helper to keep the beaters clean?! LOL





7 comments:

Kelly

Yummy! You are the first person I know to make a Cricut cake that wasn't a disaster! Be proud of yourself, you did a great job!

Valerie

Your cake looks fabulous, and so very yummy!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, and posting about the giveaway:)

C

Beautiful cake. I love that marshmallow fondant. Tastes so much better than most, easy to tint and just plain fun to work with. Great job!! Cute helper. ;-)

Lulu's Scraps

yummy!!!! annd wtg!!!

Jenniffer

Another Cricut Caker just stopping in to say "Hi!". That was your first fondant cake? Excellent job!!

My Serendipity

Yes it was my first fondant..but not without reading everything I could get my hands on first..lol. I had a little problem with excess fondant on the sides..I had to seam them..hopefully, the next one will be easier :)
Thank you for all the sweet comments to this new blogger..how exciting it is to see a comment when I log on :)

Idea Queen

Oh my gosh you did such a great job on your first cake. It looks so pretty. I have wanted to make a cheekerboard cake. I have only made one cake with my cake machine but I love making cookies with it.

Post a Comment